The EFQM Excellence Model is the most popular quality tool in Europe, used by more than 30 000 organisations to improve performance. It supports you to self-assess and reflect. 84% of our members say that the EFQM Model helps to improve their organisation.
The EFQM Excellence Model has been reviewed to ensure it reflects the world we operate in. It encourages organisations to move from rigid corporate structures to more agile ones that are better suited to the rigours of today’s global economic environment.
“All European organisations, both in the public and private sectors, are facing new challenges. The increasing pressure to compete on a global stage with limited resources means we all have to work together to secure our future prosperity, and that of generations to come”, explains Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council. “The EFQM Excellence Model provides a framework that encourages cooperation, collaboration and innovation that we will need to ensure this goal is achieved”, he continues.
What does it do?
It is a framework to:
- Assess your performance, to identify key strengths and improvement areas
- Integrate existing tools, procedures and processes, to align all and remove duplicates
- Introduce a way of thinking that encourages reflection and stimulates continuous improvement
- Identify what actions are really driving your results, which areas need more attention, and which approaches should be made redundant.
What are the benefits?
- Guarantee to address the needs of all stakeholders
- Ensure that initiatives don’t run on a stand-alone basis but rather interlinked towards the same goal
- Show your stakeholders that you are a credible, trustworthy partner achieving sustainable results
- Achieve your results faster, more effectively and efficiently.
- Define solutions tailored to your specific organisation and situation
- It’s easy to use and understand, as it is developed by organisations for organisations
Who’s it for?
Any organisation, regardless of size or sector can use the EFQM Model, because it is not prescriptive and holistic. Interested in using the model? Interviews and examples of organisations using the Model can be found here.
How does it work?
The EFQM Excellence Model is used as a basis for (self) assessment, an exercise in which an organisation is graded against a detailed set of 9 criteria. These criteria are based on the 8 Fundamental Concepts of Excellence. Finally, the RADAR logic is used to score organisations.
The model is updated every three years to ensure it reflects the current and future environment. Read more about the 2013 version coming up.
How can I start?
If you are interested in using our framework, we offer free introduction classes, online courses and workshops. To find out what’s best for your organisation, don’t hesitate to contact us on +32 2 7753511 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org