Excellence One Toolbook
Your supports to day to day activities by providing guidance to make things happen
The Excellence One Toolbook is a practical set of tools that you can use with the teams you lead. It encompasses the templates, checklists and help-cards you need to make a difference. Kept to an optimal number, they provide a comprehensive coverage of techniques that can be applied across the EFQM Excellence Model.
The book supports your day to day activities by providing you with the guidance necessary to make things happen. Learn the tools, apply them, reflect on what you have learnt - little by little, you will grow your individual abilities, you will become skilful at facilitating teams, selecting the right tools and even inventing the ones you need.
Seek some guidance. Look for advisor. But more than anything else, dare to use such tools on regular basis. No one will find you too systematic, annoying or slow as you will all discover together how to make things happen much faster and with enthusiasm as a gift.The best coach is your own hope, the best teacher is practice and the best reward is happiness.
As a conclusion, to achieve excellence, you need to do 2 things...
- You need to understand, digest, live by and share the principles and practices that have been discovered over a century of organisational improvement.
- You need to master, use and share the tools that are relevant to your needs and those of your organisation.
How it works
This book features 68 tools categorised by the Model Enablers. Each of these tools are desdcribed as follows:
- Why would you like to use this tool (deliverables)
- A description of what you can expect to achieve if you use this tool
- A problem or a set of circumstances that you wish to understand further
- How to use this tool (steps)
- A description of the key steps to follow if you want to apply this tool rigorously
- When would you use this tool (context)
- The context in which you might want to use this tool. This might be an approach to excellence, a process or an event
- What could be done next
- A description of the possibilities you have to maximise the benefits of the tool, after completing all the steps
- How to make the best use of the tool (tips and traps)
- Tips to help maximise the benefits of the tools
- Traps to avoid
- Second page
- To demonstrate an application of the tool or information that aids further understanding of how the tool can be applied
Contents - Examples of a few tools by criteria
- Leadership (14 tools)
- Tool 1 : Asking effective review questions
- Tool 5 : Creating a Mission statement
- Tool 9 : How to help people during change
- Strategy (10 tools)
- Tool 1 : Long term planning checklist
- Tool 3 : SWOT analysis
- Tool 4 : Organisation scorecard
- People (12 tools)
- Tool 3 : Developing a communications plan
- Tool 9 : Team forming
- Tool 12 : Saying Goodbye
- Partnerships & Resources (10 tools)
- Tool 3 : 5S Audit : Manufacturing
- Tool 7 : Technology/Stakeholder matrix
- Tool 9 : Critical success factors for developing partnership
- Processes, Products & Services (22 tools)
- Tool 4 : Key process selection matrix
- Tool 9 : Process activity/customer requirement matrix
- Tool 15 : Cause & Effect diagram
Take a look inside
- EFQM Member : 40.00 Euro (excluding VAT)
- Non-Member : 50.00 Euro (excluding VAT)
How to order
This publication can be ordered through the EFQM Shop.