The EFQM Excellence Model provides a generic framework, allowing any organisation, regardless of size or sector, to assess its maturity and current level of excellence. It will give you a holistic overview of your organisation. It will help you to:
- Understand how effectively you are deploying your strategy.
- Identify the cause and effect relationships between the things you do and the results you achieve.
- Identify your current strengths and prioritise opportunities for improvement against your strategic goals.
- Identify opportunities for benchmarking; both in terms of things you can share and things you want to learn.
- Establish a baseline position so you can measure your progress over time.
In addition to the self-assessment tools presented below, many organisations successfully conduct internal assessments following the EFQM assessment method including site visit and interviews to drive internal improvement and prepare for external assessment.
Provides a tool for organisations that have not done a self-assessment before. It rates the organisation's maturity against the 8 Fundamental Concepts of Excellence
- Available free for EFQM members on our Knowledge Base
Self-assessment questionnaire Determining Excellence
For organisations in early stage of the Excellence journey. Completing the questionnaire helps organisations to identify their current position and determine future directions and priorities. It consists of 44 equally weighted and balanced statements from the EFQM Excellence Model and provides a useful starting point and indicator for subsequent activities.
Designed to assess the approaches you have in place and determine where the key opportunities for improvement are, based on the maturity of these approaches and their impact on your ability to deliver your strategy.
Business Excellence Matrix
Enables organisations to assess its current position against the EFQM Excellence Model and identify their key strengths and key improvement areas. The information collected can also be used as the basis for an EFQM Management Document
EFQM Assessment Matrix
Enables organisations to assess its current position against the EFQM Excellence Model and identify their key strengths and key improvement areas including the results. The information collected can also be used as the basis for an EFQM Management Document.