This course aims to equip participants to conduct a strategic assessment of an organisation as part of a high-performing EFQM assessment team. A case study based on a real company forms the basis for a simulated assessment. Participants are led through the various stages of the assessment whilst developing and practising their skills.
This course is the final stage in the EFQM Assessor qualification.
Who is it for?
- This course is suitable for anyone who wants to understand the new EFQM Model and how it can be used to make their organisation more effective
- It provides essential information for anyone who wants to assess their organisation or be part of a team conducting external assessments based on the EFQM Model
- It provides a good overview for consultants who want to add the Model/RADAR to their portfolio of products and services
- It is a pre-requisite for anyone considering one of the EFQM qualification routes as a way of progressing their management development and career
- It is a pre-requisite for anyone who wishes to become an Award Assessor for EFQM.
Pre-requisites for this course
Participants must have completed the EFQM Foundation Training and a Post-Foundation Project before applying for this course.
Prior to attending the course, participants will be required to complete a substantial piece of pre-course work. You should allow at least one day to complete this task. Failure to submit the pre-course work will result in automatic failure with no refund on the course fee.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- analyse the ecosystem of an organisation to provide context for an assessment
- identify the strategic priorities for an organisation and ask strategically important questions
- develop appropriate hypotheses to support an EFQM assessment
- apply the EFQM diagnostic tools of RADAR and the Business Matrix Advanced effectively
- prepare value-adding feedback for an organisation
- identify relevant good practices
- behave in a professional and sensitive manner during an assessment.
This course is delivered online through Adobe Connect, over 4 days, typically a Wednesday, Thursday, Monday and Tuesday of the following week. The training covers the following modules:
- The Role of the Assessor
- Understanding the Organisation
- Creating Hypotheses
- Understanding the Criteria
- Tutor Review of Pre-work
- Understanding RADAR
- Site Visit Interviews
- Role Play Interviews
- Identifying Strengths and Opportunities for Improvement
- Feedback Report – preparation and delivery
- Continuing Professional Development
- Tutor Feedback (individually to each participant)